Terms and conditions applicable to all .CO registrations
Administrator: .Co Internet S.A.S., (“Administrator”) was appointed by the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Colombia as the designated manager for the .co country code top-level domain and redelegation has been approved by ICANN and executed in early February 2010
The Registrant agrees to the following:
1. The data provided in the domain name registration application is true, correct, current and complete and Applicant will ensure that all such information is kept up to date;
2. Neither the registration nor the use of the requested domain name interferes with or infringes upon the lawful rights of any person;
3. The domain name has not been registered for and will not be used for any purpose that is fraudulent, illegitimate or otherwise in conflict with any applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances or decrees, including, without limitation for the submission of unsolicited bulk e-mail, phishing, pharming use of botnets or malware, infringement of the legitimate trademark rights of others, or any other abusive practices;
4. The Applicant has the full power and authority to enter into the Registration Agreement on behalf of the Registrant and will be responsible for any errors, falsifications or omissions of information.
5. That the registration and exclusive and perpetual right of use and enjoyment for any Registered Name may be cancelled if Administrator, REGISTRAR or its providers determines that Registrant has provided information that is incorrect, false or inaccurate either in the initial registration process or in any subsequent communications or in the event Applicant violates any of the terms of the Registration Agreement.
7. That the domain name may be suspended, terminated, canceled or transferred in the interest of safeguarding compliance with security of the Systems involved in the .CO Registration System or registration policies or as a result of a dispute resolution.
8. That all official contact, correspondence and/or other information sent from or on behalf of REGISTRAR, its providers, Administrator, or any other relevant official will be transmitted to the administrative contact information that appears in the Registry Database and that the designated administrative contact is authorized to receive all such communication and information.
9. That Registrant gives its consent and authorization to REGISTRAR, its providers, and Administrator to publish the following information in the WHOIS database and elsewhere:
(i) Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of the Registrant and Registrant’s designated administrative, technical and billing contacts.
(ii) Dates related to the creation, last update and expiration of the Registered Name.
10. That all disputes, claims or controversies regarding the registration, ownership, use, transfer, assignment, loss, cancellation, or suspension of any Registered Name or otherwise relating to the .Co TLD between the Registrant and the Administrator, or the providers employed to access Administrator´s Systems shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Colombia and that any such disputes, claims or controversies shall be brought and heard exclusively in the courts located in Bogotá, Colombia.
11. That Registrant assumes all responsibility and liability arising out of any assignment by Registrant of the Registered Name, including, without limitation, with respect to any users, clients, customers, licensees or other persons who may be using any sub--domain of the Registered Name or any Website associated with the Registered Name.
12. That neither REGISTRAR’s acceptance of the Applicant’s registration request nor the actual registration of any Registered Domain shall be deemed an indication that Administrator, REGISTRAR, its providers, or the Colombian Government has made any determination regarding the legality of the registration, the extent to which Registrant’s registration and exclusive and perpetual right of use and enjoyment of the Registered Name may violate any applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, ordinances or decrees or infringe on the rights of any other person, and that neither Administrator, REGISTRAR, its providers nor the Colombian Government shall have any liability or responsibility arising therefrom.
13. That Registrant shall be bound by the terms and conditions of the initial launch and general operation of the .Co TLD, including without limitation the Sunrise and Landrush periods, and the corresponding dispute resolution policies, and that Administrator, REGISTRAR or its providers shall have no liability of any kind for any loss or liability resulting from
(a) the ability or inability of an Applicant to obtain a Registered Name during these periods, or (b) the results of any dispute procedures.
14. Information To Be Collected From Registrants
To register a name, Registrants must provide the following minimum registration information:
a) The domain name registered;
b) The IP address and corresponding names of the primary and secondary name servers for the Registered Name;
c) The original creation date and term of the registration;
d) The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the Registrant of the Registered Name;
e) The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the technical contact for the Registered Name; and
f) The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the administrative contact for the Registered Name.